I’m a Keynesian who believes in fiscal expansion in tough times, and I’m a market-favouring leftie who believes in progressive taxation (whilst trying to minimise disincentives to work at all levels).
However, I’m embarrassed by Richard Murphy of TaxResearch.org.uk, and the way in which the press tend to print his daft views as a serious example of Keynesianism economics and left-wing thinking.
He isn’t an economist, he’s a man who knows a great deal about the specifics of UK tax accounting, and has lots of other views that aren’t really based on much sensible – and are only paid any attention to due to the spurious argument-from-authority that his tax accountant background gives him.
It’s the equivalent of someone dealing with the (serious, real) debate on pharmaceutical companies pushing too many overpriced lifestyle drugs based on cherry-picked trials that don’t reflect real clinical benefits over generics or non-pharmaceutical responses, by interviewing a loony quack like Gillian McKeith.
- A bit of #ebz? Yes, a bit of #ebz. It'll be sunny tomorrow, perhaps I'll leave the house. http://fallenlondon.com/c/103864 #
- Hehe. This is possibly the most excellent thing Gordon Brown ever did: http://bit.ly/cwBq6P #
- I can't quite believe a) how expensive Camper shoes are, b) thatI bought some anyway. They're bloody nice though. #
- Enjoyed sun. Won trivia. Missed @chrissiem. Was mostly a good day. Yay! #ebz http://fallenlondon.com/c/106110 #
- Shorter NYT: "we all know US courts are crooked and vindictive towards foreigners, so best BP sells up to Exxon now" – http://nyti.ms/aXAduj #
- Tasmania Coal Clusterfuck RT @mattwhatsit: Disaster name: last hols destination + hated fuel + favourite verb. Mine is Spanish Gas Wank. #
- Just got emails from my UK and AU banks. UK bank excited about 2.8% savings rate; AU bank just reminding me about 5% savings rate. AU WIN. #
- Spoiler: chap from Gorky's, not AFX or dead Manic: RT @Martin_Carr New Richard James video – http://bit.ly/9czKr8 #
- Damn, this is a good article: http://bit.ly/an80UV #
- Surely this breaches the ECHR? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10269055.stm #poland #noncebashing #
- This piece is good, putting some carbon myths into perspective (especially plastic bags and seafreight food miles): http://bit.ly/dd5QUi #
- Good piece from oil veteran Tim Newman on future of #BP – http://bit.ly/ae7iH4 – he may be wrong about PetroChina, tho' (see my comment) #
- Angry Paul Krugman Is All Like, "Yeah, Whatever, THAT'S Cool" – The Awl http://bit.ly/aIStAQ #
- For readers of @sontek's popular-but-wrong tweet – $1bn is total Limewire settlement. BP's costs from oil spill are forecast at c.$20-30bn #
- Surprised to discover that Charlie Brooker's a poly drop-out – always assumed he was redbrick. Good work on landing Ms Huq, anyway… #
- Time article on #Bhopal that fails to mention Union Carbide India was 49% owned by Indian gov't: http://bit.ly/akXre4 #hmmm (via#@tianran) #
- (I'm not suggesting the US company escapes all responsibility – just, that fact is quite important in explaining India govt's behaviour…) #
- Govt will still ignore advice, but a step up RT @gimpyblog Scientific advisors now allowed to disagree with Government http://bit.ly/cjZGdj #
- Australia narrowly beats USA in much coveted 'least stupid applicants for UK nationality' stakes: http://bit.ly/dvOk0l #
- Just got 100% on the online practice Australia citizenship test. Shame that's not the only qualification, really… ;-) #
- Aus citizen test -> RT @hungbunny Question 1: You like sport, mate? A. Yeah. B. Fuck, yeah. C. Let's watch sport and crack open a tinnie. #
- Coalition metric policy in 'fucking moronic' shock, assuming by 'shock' you mean 'predictable right-wing stupidity': http://bit.ly/cT2Tm0 #
- #ebz Twitter seems to be down, so Christ know whether this'll work http://fallenlondon.com/c/108041 #
- Apparently, Christ both knew and punished me with a typo. #
- I'm not totally sold on this, but I like it nonetheless: http://don-paskini.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-agree-with-diane.html #
- To Westfield, to buy lightbulbs and a sandwich #myglamorouslifeasafreelancer #
- Haha, aces! RT @enderFP: Now BP has done it! They've killed FailWhale! http://yfrog.com/5oys1g (via @beaugiles) #kitchyinjokes #
- Fine trollery with a serious point behind it – "My once-in-a-generation cut? The armed forces. All of them": http://bit.ly/bo9beL #
- From the comments: 'replace all regular troops with special forces & assassinate any leader who tries to invade' – http://bit.ly/dqzcTh #
- Yes, it's yet another salvo in the US government's efforts to steal UK pensions over nothing: http://bit.ly/bZ0PSj #supportBP #
- If you're having trouble understanding what's going on in Thailand (redshirts, yellowshirts), this is a good summary: http://bit.ly/d2AmxD #
- Bloody Boris again – just when you've started hating him for his actual London policies, he does something awesome: http://ind.pn/c4IzRV #
- Today's installment of "wow, Tories really are just evil for fun": http://bit.ly/ceA2Nl (via @jamiepotter) #
- Via @sunnysingh_sw6, we need a 'Maggie Thatcher, milk snatcher' style tag for Michael Gove & free school meals. 'Michael Gove, utter scum'? #
- Great line from Diane Abbott: ‘Trident is a huge amount of money to spend defending us from the Tory press’ http://bit.ly/alpmx0 #
- Good piece from Tim Newman on how the #BP response shows the US gov't behaving more like Russia: http://www.desertsun.co.uk/blog/?p=621 #
- Disappointingly, this is not a #britpop cash-in computer game: http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2245/Blur/ #blur #notthatblur #
- Obama bashes "British Petroleum". That's not BP plc's name. The only reason to say that is to stir up anti-British feeling (@mudlarklives) #
- It'd be like a UK politician criticising HSBC plc by calling it "The Hong Kong And Shanghai Bank". #
- Top story from #7News – Selma Hayek got scared by a snake. Yay keeping the populace informed. #
- RT @infobunny: b/f has bought a suitcase that is so big I could fit in it. Oh. #
- RT @mudlarklives BP should've stayed as BP Amoco: then we'd have "British Petroleum American Oil Co" and a big circle of finger-pointing. #
- Just in case anyone's feeling happy, Peter Singer and David Benatar review life. Their verdict: 1*, wld not recommend: http://bit.ly/dxs5YB #
- #ebz fix. Oh yes. Suffering from the whole 'sun' / 'work' dilemma, and picking the worst option… http://fallenlondon.com/c/110499 #
- RT @mjturner1975 not keen on arguments 'it hurts your pension'. If one is to oppose US attacks on BP I'd rather look at impact on real GDP. #
- Got a letter telling me to register to vote. I declined, as am filthy foreigner. Curious to see what would've happened if I'd said OK, tho'. #
- I've never seen quite so many black guys doing the Time Warp. It's like Heaven all over again #thegaybarnotthemythicalafterlife #wc10 #
- That was an amazing jump #wc10 #
- It's weird – having previously only watched South Africans in London or playing rugby and cricket, I'd assumed they were white #wc10 #
- Fucking go RSA! #
- This isn't even funny, it's just aces: http://www.richardherring.com/warmingup/warmingup.php?id=2779 #
- Hungover. Bleh. Football matches at midnight, friends in different time zones, & 2-litre boxes of red wine don't make for a good next day. #
- #ebz Everything's alive there, or so the story goes. Coal burns with a long low moan, steel is forged … http://fallenlondon.com/c/112296 #
- …and I tweeted today's EBZ update unedited, deliberately, because it was awesome and disturbing. #
- Obvious England-USA soccer joke: "YOU'RE NOT SWIMMING, YOU'RE NOT SWIMMING, YOU'RE NOT SWIMMING ANYMORE" #
- I think it's *entirely* possible to hold down both a job and an #ebz habit… http://fallenlondon.com/c/113612 #
- Yes, I like this one > RT @tianran Whimsical but timely piece on the well worn theme: Is Pakistan like Israel? http://bit.ly/dgJMZg #
- Aces! RT @Stefing Venn diagram of the day: http://thedailywh.at/post/687392543/venn-diagram-of-the-day-mathematical-reddit #
- If #SVN were in any other group, I'd be hoping to see them through on 'plucky underdog' grounds. However, I'm not. #worldcup #
- I do, however, hope that #SVN beats #ALG #worldcup #
- I just managed to accidentally poke myself in the eye with a sock. This is perhaps my greatest unco WIN ever… #
- RT @Glinner Lovely to see the British press rallying round a goal-keeper who must be feeling very nervous at the moment. #worldcup #
- Agree w/@herring1967 that #alg and #svn both playing *way* worse than #eng or #usa yesterday – if we can't beat them, we deserve sent home. #
- Clear-cut unAustralian RT @ChrissieM Is it wrong that I wouldn't be completely displeased if #GER beats #AUS tonight?@superopinion #
- So with 1 game down for all, #svn leads group C, #usa/#eng 2=, #alg 4th. If this were to continue, I'd be amused, as long as #eng gets 2nd #
- "In its first World Cup outing since gaining independence, Serbia" – hmm, that's one way to put it… #
- RT @tomscott The Red Arrows give the Queen a very special birthday surprise: http://tomscott.com/queen/ (via @ianvisits) #
- RT @chickyog Thatcher/Palin summit in full – Thatcher: 'Where am I? Who am I? Who are you?' Palin: 'Where am I? Who am I? Who are you?' #
- Fuck me, Hewitt just beat Federer. #notfootball #nobodycares #
- Yes, likewise: RT @anattendantlord "watching" football indoors while "working". well, not doing too well at either, to be honest #
- Effective pension fund ownership as % of total company value for the FTSE100: http://bit.ly/9zNGYv #interestingifyoulikethatsortofthing #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
I really want to steal the bust of Aneurin Bevan, the inventor of the NHS and all-round excellent Welshman, that’s currently installed in the the House of Commons.
Partly that’s because I think it’d make an excellent decoration for my house.
But it’s also partly because I could lift it high in the air and sing at the top of my voice, “HEAD OF BEVAN, HEAD OF BEVAN…”
Usual rules apply. Insert some kind of joke prize here.
What links Bobby Brown, a girl who thinks of ghosts, and Justine Frischmann?
Let’s assume that, like most UK workers, you have a pension fund with a substantial part of its investment in FTSE companies, usually weighted by value.
What should you care more about:
1) the fact that the US government is attempting to steal a sizeable proportion of your money?
2) some fucking cormorants?
Clue: if you picked 2, you’re an idiot.
So could British people perhaps stop ragging on BP, or pretending the Gulf of Mexico spill is some kind of serious environmental disaster that’ll actually harm people (rather than making beaches look untidy for a bit and topping some fish and birds)?
The spill will cost about $20-30bn to clear up, including compensation for those directly affected, which is a sum that BP should have no problem in paying, and which would be the fair price for them to pay.
The fact that BP’s share price is below levels reflecting that cost, and that BP bond yields have increased to junk levels partly reflects market panic – but also partly reflects genuine fears that the US will do something truly vindictive, using its demonisation of BP as an excuse to steal its (i.e. ‘your’) assets beyond the cost of cleaning the spill in some form of punitive damages.
And everyone who brings out the whole ‘ooh, BP is so evil and unsafe’ saw (it is not; it is as evil and unsafe as the rest of the oil industry, whose levels of evilness and unsafety are set by national governments in oily countries. BP’s safety culture in its US operations is no different from ExxonMobil’s, Shell’s or Chevron’s – it was just the unlucky one this time round) is enabling that demonisation campaign.
The oil industry should be reformed. It won’t get reformed, because we’re too dependent on cheap oil, and the occasional disaster is collectively viewed as a fair price to pay for the ability to pay under $3 a gallon for petrol. Especially when the disaster in question doesn’t happen to Americans: how many people are even aware of Shell’s operations in Nigeria?
But the US’s anti-BP crusade has nothing to do with any efforts to reform the industry – it’s an attempt to distract Americans from the fact that the disaster is primarily their own fault (and that nothing will be done about it in the long term because the American people won’t stand for expensive petrol), and to steal some foreign assets into the bargain.
So unless you’re a stars-and-stripes-waving redneck, don’t join the anti-BP campaign just because you think the world would be a nicer place if companies were nicer…
There seems to be a fair amount of grumpiness and sarcasm going on around the Labour party leadership election.
Much of this is for sensible reasons (broadly “the only one of the candidates who isn’t a dull clone has no experience of managing anything ever, and David Miliband is a war criminal”).
However, there’s also a fair amount that’s come for the stupidest reason possible: “they all went to Oxbridge, so they aren’t representative”.
If you replace “Oxbridge” with “public school”, and “the Labour party” with “the Tory party”, this is definitely a fair point: you get to public school solely by having relatives who have large quantities of disposable cash, and therefore anyone who has been to public school has had at the very least an upper-middle-class upbringing [*].
For reasons to do both with a lack of state-school applications and variations in actual acceptance rates, Oxbridge still has a private school bias in its admissions. So it’s fair to say that a randomly picked Oxbridge person is probably from a privileged background, and is not particularly likely to be a good person to represent the working class.
But that isn’t what we’re being faced with here.
We know that Diane Abbott’s parents were working-class immigrants, and that she grew up as a black working-class girl in 1950s and 1960s London. We know that Andy Burnham’s parents were working-class Scousers, and that (while he doubtless faced less adversity than Abbott while growing up) he also had a working-class upbringing in 1970s and 1980s Warrington.
In other words, we know that two of the candidates for the Labour leadership are people who come from unequivocally working-class families and areas, and who – despite the fact that Oxbridge admissions tilt towards the middle- and upper-middle-classes – were good enough to beat the bias in the system and get in anyway.
Isn’t the correct response to that fact “it’s fantastic that two of the candidates for the Labour leadership are people who are that academically able and motivated whilst at the same time having a very strong understanding of what growing up without a silver spoon is like – this is exactly what we want from our political leaders”, rather than “meh, Oxbridge wankers, unrepresentative, blah blah”?
Well, unless you’re a jealous petulant inverse snob, that is.
[*] before we get any bleeding heart middle-class sob stories, yes, many parents spend a huge proportion of their disposable incomes on school fees and go without holidays, ponies, etc – but in order to for their disposable income to cover a couple of kids’ school fees they still need to be reliably making a lot more than the median wage, which makes them upper-middle-class.
- #ebz The Stolen River that flows into the Unterzee – the one they used to call the Thames – passes thr… http://fallenlondon.com/c/98148 #
- I wonder how many of the people fulminating about Laws are aware that if he'd come out and claimed for sharing with partner, he'd've been… #
- …entitled to *more* money than he actually got. In other words, if you think the incident involves nicking taxpayer money, you're a tool. #
- Good piece from @caronmlindsay on David Laws' resignation: http://ht.ly/1RXwu #
- Meanwhile, Danny Alexander is getting shit for not only not doing anything morally wrong, but not even breaking any rules…! #
- In Hell Freezing Over news, Iain Dale is right about something http://bit.ly/90Ht6N (via @mattwardman) #
- Today's Word Of The Day is 'knoblolly': http://www.google.com.au/search?q=knoblolly (via @echobazaar) #
- This piece from @flying_rodent is scarygood: http://tinyurl.com/33ntmrd #
- The #mining #supertax advert is annoying. If Rio Tinto and BHP's shares are hit because $ paid to govt, the losers will be in London not AU #
- (for non-AU readers: the govt wants to impose mining royalties, which would be a Good Thing; mining MNCs pulling out all the PR stops…) #
- Via @daveraybould this is interesting, if not necessarily accurate – the IDF's version of the #freedomflotilla raids: http://alturl.com/6tyn #
- SABMiller in "desperate World Cup cash-in press release" shock: http://bit.ly/ayPjlZ #theyvebeenplanningitfor6yearsFFS #
- It'd be annoying to be @Martin_Carr. When I go out with former workmates I'm still friends with, nobody says "PWC REUNION ON THE CARDS?" #
- Land-of-the-free-tastic fact of the day: it's illegal for an American to boycott Israel http://bit.ly/bXhGYq (via @sunny_hundal) #
- We've now got @flying_rodent's excellent Israel's Biggest Enemy Is Itself piece republished on LibCon: http://bit.ly/coEqmA #
- Fact of the day: the #freedomflotilla was originally going to be called the French Flotilla, but Americans objected. #
- WW3 FTW! RT @LeonJaeger Turkey says more ships will be sent to Gaza, escorted by its Navy: http://bit.ly/92mpYm #flotilla #
- Aaagh, I knew I shouldn't've read Mad Mel's take on #flotilla before bed. THE STUPID, IT BURNS… http://bit.ly/aRWfwL (via @CathElliott) #
- Excellent piece on the parallels between Israel and North Korea: http://bit.ly/b5QKvQ #flotilla #
- 9 News cameraman provokes "angry Muslim" footage by racially abusing member of the public: http://bit.ly/cBYOuJ #mediafail via @sunny_hundal #
- Israel/North Korea update: rightblogger Mr Eugenides's defence of Israel is "Ah, but NK is worse". Srsly: http://bit.ly/bxCK8Z #flotilla #
- I'm being followed by @LunaParkSydney. I find the concept of being followed by a funfair a bit disturbing. #
- Aagh, #ebz have erased 2 days' progress due to a server disaster. SAME AGAIN! http://fallenlondon.com/c/96236 #
- Ooops – Chinese World Cup promotional campaign is not made of win: http://bit.ly/9gQHiM #
- Gonna be about 45 mins late to meet @chrissiem. Oops. And it's entirely my fault, *and* I know she doesn't have a working phone. Am bad man. #
- Salon.com having a mobile edition is good. But redirecting mobile users who click regular article links to the mobile homepage is STUPID. #
- Forgiven for lateness. Hurrah! Now home and #ebz-ing, of course. http://fallenlondon.com/c/97628 #
- Dear Nokia: if I've got someone's mobile and home numbers stored in my phone, *which one do you bloody think* I want to send an SMS to? #
- Number of mass gun rampages under Thatcher, Major & Cameron: 1 each. Number under Blair & Brown: 0 #justsaying #
- I wonder if all the people blaming BP for the Gulf spill are going to sell their cars and ride bikes, or if they're just hypocrites? #
- (I'm assuming here the spill is an inherent risk of deep-sea extraction rather than illegal behaviour by BP based on available evidence) #
- If you oppose deep-sea extraction, that's just fine – as long as you're clear that the oil *will* run out rather soon without it. #
- Damn, the bloke drinking an espresso on the Citi (AUS) "in my world" advert looks like a smug prat. Note to self: do not be in his world… #
- We are stronger than Guido: http://bit.ly/b7tbd8 (yay). MENSA, Miller, Mailer, Plath and Pinter were sadly left out of the methodology. #
- #ebz meh. http://fallenlondon.com/c/99058 #
- Re London's mayor, I've been deliberately avoiding saying intemperate things like 'fuck Boris' up to now. Fuck Boris: http://bit.ly/bqXKB4 #
- Yes. Awesome: RT @howespaul: A fantastic and very funny ad on the Resources Super Profits Tax – pass it on http://youtu.be/H4PcQfz0MfU #
- I was distressed by the news that the # of temporary AUS visas was going to be cut by 50% – until I realised they meant visa *classes*! #
- Daily Mail "are you posh" test: http://bit.ly/bYw51X – surely q11-13 are just "not being ignorant", though? (via @sarabedford) #
- Pleased to discover that the Palace Hotel in Coogee is c.50x better than the Coogee Bay Hotel. #escalatorwin #
- Can someone send me an email explaining what the fuck FourSquare does/is for? #confused #
- This will be fun. Looking forward to the fireworks -> RT @libcon Peter Tatchell to present Pope documentary http://bit.ly/9TTi3J #
- YES! This: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2791 #
- Saturday night in with #ebz – oh yeah, I rock. http://fallenlondon.com/c/101611 #
- BEST THING EVER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qtoecVIo0 #
- Worst article in ages: http://www.forward.com/articles/4184 – summary: "if you don't like Israel murdering people, you're an antisemite" #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
- Haha, enjoying @BPGlobalPR – this is why having a real social media presence of your own is important… (via @Rooney83) #
- I'm officially bored of factors driving premium product consumption. And it's bloody 9PM, and I'm not done for today yet… #
- "The war may be staged, but the murder is real" #classicHoratioquotes #CSIMiami #
- Boo! But g'luck. RT @jackschofield "after 25 years, I'm leaving the Guardian at the end of this month. I'll continue to write for Ask Jack." #
- Watching a Kiwi doco about police – took about 5 mins to work out whether it was Aussie, UK or *other*. This describes NZ accurately… #
- Some #ebz, then up early, then more work. Woo deadline week. http://fallenlondon.com/c/89488 #
- If even half the Awl's take on Lost is right, I'm glad I gave up watching after a few episodes of season 1. Utter toss: http://bit.ly/cyKVjJ #
- If true, I'm beyond comment. Tories are utter cnuts. RT @SamuelCoates Gary Newlove's widow, Helen Newlove, is being made a Conservative peer #
- I don't support hanging, but I'd fully endorse it for the sadistic bastards in the CPS who brought this case to court: http://bit.ly/cBfgXN #
- They're kids; they're playing a silly game; if you think that warrants a record as a sex offender, you are inhuman. (via @heresy_corner) #
- RT @BBCLauraK Long term parly sq protester Brian Haw has been arrested <- @chickyog do I get points for this one? #
- In other news, police confirm unicorns don't exist -> RT @libcon: Police finally deny England shirts were ever banned http://bit.ly/cJ4Z5g #
- The Daily Mash is seriously on form re: the insane "kids playing doctors and nurses" show trial: http://bit.ly/aF6l6Y #
- RT @intruth I had to quit my job manipulating the reproductive parts of flowers. I couldn't handle the stigma (via @msgracefh) #
- RT @jtopper: I had no idea .jobs was a TLD. Research In Motion use it for their careers pages. http://rim.jobs/ Fnar. (via @dnotice) #
- Work kinda done (for today). It's kinda late. Need an early night. #ebz and then that's it, as they say. http://fallenlondon.com/c/90931 #
- Re anonymity for people accused of rape: worth noting that if LDs, Labour, PC, SNP and SDLP voted 'no' then it'd fail. #
- Since Labour, PC, SNP and SDLP are likely to support 'no', it's worth lobbying your LD MP on this one… #
- Speaking of insane laws, if you live in London it's probably worth reporting this to the Met to see what happens: http://bit.ly/c6V1wh #
- This is aces: right-wing conservative Americans hate Muslims so much they've endorsed Sex & The City to annoy them: http://bit.ly/cGHDVh #
- Really good explanation here of debt vs deficit vs cuts -> RT @jamesrbuk When chartporn goes wrong. http://is.gd/cpcrU (via @mudlarklives) #
- WIN -> RT @ArmyofDave: Working on a book version of "The Human Centipede" in the style of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Sleep well, kids. #
- Report editing proceeding like a steam train, oh yeah. #ebz then bed, then more tomorrow, woo! http://fallenlondon.com/c/92465 #
- Jesus. The crow outside my window is the biggest I've seen. It's the size of a cat. And it's ripping tree bark off with its beak #thebirds #
- Just set the smoke alarm off, having forgotten about my toasts. Oh noes! #breakfastfail #
- I blame the crow. #
- What the hell? "Foster’s has not flourished in the wine business" – well, apart from Wolf Blass, Penfolds and Rosemount http://bit.ly/aDUomm #
- #Fosters demerger makes sense – wine would sit better in global spirits group, beer with global brewer. But who'll buy at current A$ rates? #
- Enjoying editing someone else's report about alcohol marketing. The "health claims" section is particularly fun. #
- I have not laughed this much at a film review in quite some time: http://bit.ly/aEWDha #satc2 #
- The Apple Store in Bondi Jn still has no roof. The 9AM opening tomorrow will involve a serious night's work. I mean, *really* serious… #
- Vodafact of the day: a friend worked on voda.au's roll-out as an IT contractor – job was so hideous he quit not only Voda but IT contracting #
- Now he fixes mates' computers for petty cash – but as he says, he doesn't want to kill them or himself, so it's a step up. #
- Feel rubbish. Have work to do. If I was employed, I'd call in sick #freelancewoes #middleclassdisasters #
- I think I might be in love with two women at once: my excellent girlfriend, and also DCI Tennison. Hope this is OK. #reawakenedkidcrushes #
- I thoroughly intend to rely on this in court RT @Helzbels Have few pints and the speed limit's 95mph. Excellent. #
- Erm, yeh. "Nobody in the UK is poor because of the dole, so let's abolish it" -> RT @Old Holborn: Unchaining the poor http://bit.ly/9nqUv7” #
- This man *is* a real journalist: http://bit.ly/c7qRrf – respect. #
- RT @sadbearhandbook: I completely misjudged what waterboarding in Guantanamo Bay meant. I wonder if I can get my deposit back. #
- In case you were worried, just to confirm the Tories *are* unspeakable bastards: http://bit.ly/aazD5n #
- Feel like grim death. Consoling myself with #ebz http://fallenlondon.com/c/94437 #
- My weekend is made primartily of ILL and SLEEP. This is irritating. although hopefully implies a week ahead of WELL. #
- If you think there's anything wrong with what David Laws has done, you're a massive prat. http://bit.ly/bpwuBq #teacup #
- Also, the Telegraph are massive bastards for releasing the evidence now, not to mention raving homophobes. Fuck them. Go Laws! #
- RT @rockeye It amuses me that there's always more Eurovision commentary in my Australian stream than there is in my UK stream… #
- Post-weekend, post sick-bed #ebz catch-up time, yay. http://fallenlondon.com/c/96982 #
- CROWDSOURCING: has anyone paid using their own (ie not work, and not self-employed tax-deducted) money for a FT/WSJ subscription? #
- Based on Twitter replies re FT/WSJ, the Times model *may* be a bit less shafted than I thought. I'm still tipping "shafted", though. #
- Shit! Red Bull bosses will not be impressed. Good news for Button and Hamilton though… #gp #
- RT at my dad's txt: Not sure what is F1 equiv of Alex Fergie's famous "hairdrier" bollocking, but Vettel & Webber will shortly find out #f1 #
- This is good -> Chris Dillow @libcon The David Laws paradox explains why I'm on the left http://bit.ly/czUVLZ #
Powered by Twitter Tools.