As part of a mildly annoying meme, Larry Teabag has asked me to list eight facts about myself:
1) I once failed to eat a kilo of corned beef for a bet, coming in with a time of 65 seconds;
2) I’m the sixth person in my immediate family to be called ‘John Oliver Band’, and the third surviving person. But I was first to the domain name and the gmail account (and hence also occasional letters from bemused Older Persons);
3) I’ve been interviewed by Radio 4 as an expert on Wimpy Bars and quoted in the Economist as an expert on Islamist cola;
4) The worst job I ever had was door-to-door salesman for a semi-fraudulent sticky paint company;
5) I accidentally ran into Richard E Grant when leaving a library, but was too surprised to come up with an amusing quote;
6) I’m the only person I know to have heckled a professional comedian by email (Richard Herring, since you ask);
7) I know three people who are listed on IMDB: Paul, who writes comedy; Kieron, who writes bad comedy; and Sophie, who played a dead body;
8) Just because I’m interested in transport policy, doesn’t make me a trainspotter (and I’ll beat you up with my thermos flask and throttle you with my anorak if you disagree).
Tagged: Matty Teabag, Dan, Matt T, Jamie, Harry H, Johnny B, Not Saussure (long may he return), Backword Dave, whoever else I’ve forgotten.
Speaking of Internet memes: best lolcat ever.
3 thoughts on “Me me meme”
Er… ummm… oh blimey. I suspect you have deliberately chosen people who maintain an aura of studied cool and do not ever ever do memes ever.
I was a chess champion once, if that's helpful? In the cubs. And I did used to spot trains. Although if you take the piss I shall come and beat you with a rolled up transport policy.
I've sort of lost touch – I don't think I knew you'd started up blogging again. Welcome back, ummm, about two years late.
'Transpotter'? As in 'beam me up' etc?
PS. I'm not dead.
doh. corrected. glad you're not dead. see above.