As part of a mildly annoying meme, Larry Teabag has asked me to list eight facts about myself:
1) I once failed to eat a kilo of corned beef for a bet, coming in with a time of 65 seconds;
2) I’m the sixth person in my immediate family to be called ‘John Oliver Band’, and the third surviving person. But I was first to the domain name and the gmail account (and hence also occasional letters from bemused Older Persons);
3) I’ve been interviewed by Radio 4 as an expert on Wimpy Bars and quoted in the Economist as an expert on Islamist cola;
4) The worst job I ever had was door-to-door salesman for a semi-fraudulent sticky paint company;
5) I accidentally ran into Richard E Grant when leaving a library, but was too surprised to come up with an amusing quote;
6) I’m the only person I know to have heckled a professional comedian by email (Richard Herring, since you ask);
8) Just because I’m interested in transport policy, doesn’t make me a trainspotter (and I’ll beat you up with my thermos flask and throttle you with my anorak if you disagree).
Speaking of Internet memes: best lolcat ever.